Embassy Malaysia
                Mission Worldwide


  Home > Malaysian Embassies Abroad > Malaysian Embassy in Pyongyang, North Korea   





Official Malaysia Travel Information Portal


Malaysian Embassy in Pyongyang, North Korea     




Embassy of Malaysia, Pyongyang
Address : Munhung-dong Diplomatic Enclave
Pyongyang, DPR Korea
City : Pyongyang   
Telephone : 850-2-3817125  
Fax: : 850-2-3817845  
Website : http://www.kln.gov.my/perwakilan/pyongyang  
Email : malpygyang@kln.gov.my  
Office Hours : Monday - Friday 9.00 am to 4.30 pm     
Malaysia Services Abroad - Advice for Malaysian

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia is committed to providing consular services to Malaysian overseas. The services are available overseas through the network of Malaysia Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates. It is important that you know what the Consular Officers can or cannot do for you.

What can the Consular Officer assist in?

  • Provide you with information, advice and consular assistance.

  • Issue you with an emergency travel document if you have lost your Malaysia Passport overseas.
    Note: It is an Immigration requirement that you report the loss of your passport to the local police and furnish Malaysia Mission with a copy of this report.

  • Contact your relatives or friends to request them to send you emergency funds for your repatriation or other necessary emergency expenses.

  • Notify your next-of-kin in the event you are injured abroad.

  • Notify your next-of-kin in the event of your arrest or detention.

  • Visit a Malaysia citizen who has been arrested or imprisoned and monitor that due process under the judicial system of that country is accorded to him or her.

  • Help to obtain a list of officially registered local lawyers and translation services where this is available.

  • Assist in making the arrangements for the return to Malaysia of the remains and personal belongings of a deceased Malaysian overseas.

  • Help you during emergencies such as natural disasters or civil disorder in the foreign country.

What can the Consular Officer not assist in?

  • Pay your medical, hospital, legal, accommodation, travel or other bills.

  • Provide loans or cash your cheques.

  • Post bails or pay fines on your behalf.

  • Intervene in the judicial process of a foreign country or ignore local laws.

  • Intervene in or act as an intermediary in disputes which are of a civil nature.

  • Provide legal advice or initiate court proceedings on your behalf.

  • Act as your guarantor or sponsor.

  • Arrange for your accommodation or for your work.

  • Provide translation, mail-forwarding, telephone, fax/telex or other personal services.



| About us | Contact us | Disclaimer |

By which the information in this website is subject to change at short notice and travelers are urged to verify information on which they're relying with the relevant authorities.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or inconvenience to any person as a result of information contained above.
Copyright © 2009 - 2015 | All Rights Reserved